If you are interested please contact Cheshire Probation Trust Mentor Co-ordinator Eve Croft on 01244 665150. You can also please complete the form below i and select 'submit your request'. We look forward to hearing from you.
Volunteer mentors can make a significant contribution to the range and quality of work undertaken by Probation. Cheshire Probation is committed to developing and implementing systems for the effective recruitment, training, support, management and use of volunteer mentors.
Volunteer mentors can assist Probation staff in supporting offenders in the following areas:-
- Group work programmes
- One-to-one compliance activity
- Literacy and/or numeracy skills
- Writing to prisoners
- Visiting prisoners
- Offer practical help and constructive advice in areas such as; housing, budget management, document/form filling, education, training and employment opportunities or leisure activities.
- Age 18 - no upper age limit
- Have an interest in working with offenders
- Offer approximately 2/3 hours per week of your time
- Possess good communication skills
- A belief in the rehabilitation element of Probation
- Non-judgmental, friendly and encouraging
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer please fill out the form below: